The AGS national graduate program is a 12-month training and development program which is expected to culminate with a placement as a practising lawyer within AGS. The program has 7 components:
- an orientation program upon commencement
- a rotation schedule that will expose you to one or more of the 3 internal AGS practice areas, namely AGS Dispute Resolution, AGS Commercial and the Office of General Counsel
- a client placement to a government department or agency
- pro bono opportunities
- sponsorship towards an external program of practical legal training (PLT) necessary to complete the requirements for admission to legal practice
- prescribed in-house training on topics of substantive law and client service together with other AGS seminars and forums
- peer support and mentoring, including a structured supervisor and buddy system together with wider mentoring support from our Lawyer Development Adviser.
AGS abides by the NSW Law Society's graduate guidelines, and will be accepting applications for graduate employment in 2015 from early 2014.
We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander graduates.
Lawyer Development Adviser
T 02 6253 7510
Locked Bag 7246
Canberra Mail Centre ACT 2610