2016 national graduate program
To apply for a place in the 2016 National graduate program.
Why choose AGS for your legal career?
We offer our lawyers exciting career opportunities through:
- varied and stimulating work with the opportunity to work on high-profile matters
- a collegial and friendly work culture, with open-door access to some of Australia's most respected lawyers
- working closely with clients from the very start of your career
- a development program to hone your legal practice and business skills
- advocacy at an early stage of your career
- progress based on talent rather than years of experience
- competitive remuneration packages, including the potential to earn generous performance bonuses
- excellent employment conditions.
AGS's 640-strong team (over 325 lawyers) provides legal advice and representation services to government clients through our offices in each Australian capital city.
Our lawyers generate revenue by working with clients at all levels of government – including ministers – on some of the most significant legal issues facing Australia. We offer an employment choice for talented professionals by providing professionally demanding and satisfying legal work of intrinsic worth to the nation, training and development opportunities, a supportive work environment which acknowledges the importance of work/life balance and an organisation which maintains ethics and professionalism at the core of its culture.
Other AGS employees support their legal colleagues by providing secretarial, paralegal, financial, marketing, information technology, professional development, publishing and human resources services.
We offer a competitive remuneration package, flexible working arrangements, and generous leave and other benefits.
AGS values diversity and we aim to ensure that we have fair, equitable and non-discriminatory employment and recruitment practices. Our opportunities mean that we have strong representation from women in all types of work and at the most senior levels. We strive to help people contribute to AGS's success whilst at the same time enabling them to balance their work and personal life.
Our ethics and values are central to our culture as a business. Our ethics framework under the Australian Public Service Code of Conduct is supported by a network of ethics advisers who are available to all employees.
AGS employees are employees of the Australian Government Attorney-General’s Department and are employed under the Public Service Act 1999.