AGS delivers a full-service property law practice which spans the full range of property-related activities – from leasing, licensing, divestment, acquisition, securities, land-use/planning/control, subdivision/consolidation through to advice and documentation for facilities maintenance, building management and associated property services. We have a particular expertise in developing and managing sophisticated portfolio-management tools for high-volume property transactions designed to manage accountabilities and deliver value through streamlined processes.
We support our clients with through-life property services on issues such as rent reviews, valuation, lease-end obligations, outgoings, indemnities, permitted use, work health and safety, environmental, heritage and planning laws, options and assignments, disclosure statements, breach-of-occupancy arrangements, default and termination, eviction and re-entry, damage and destruction, and dispute resolution.
Our expertise is unrivalled in Lands Acquisition Act and PGPA Act considerations, constitutional considerations (such as the application of local laws to property transactions) and other Commonwealth legal and policy requirements. We drafted the Commonwealth National Lease on behalf of the Department of Finance and Deregulation and the Green Lease Schedules on behalf of the Department of Climate Change and Energy Efficiency.
Our service is fully integrated and we seamlessly factor into our services considerations such as the legal and policy framework underpinning Commonwealth property transactions. We have wide experience in the commercial and retail property market including extensive dealings with key industry participants (including major institutional and corporate landowners, developers, builders and industry bodies). Our service is proactive, relevant and realistic – and designed to deliver operational results and genuine value for money.
|Simon Konecny||Deputy General Counsel Commercial||02 9581 7585|
|Lee-Sai Choo||Senior Executive Lawyer||08 9268 1137|
|Jim Sullivan||Senior Executive Lawyer||02 9581 7418|
|Andrew Chapman||Senior General Counsel||02 6253 7206|
|Teresa Miraglia||Senior Executive Lawyer||03 9242 1493|
|Andrew Miles||Deputy General Counsel Commercial||02 6253 7100|
|Scott Slater||Senior Lawyer||08 9268 1144|
|Helen Moran||Senior Executive Lawyer||03 9242 1387|
|Kurt Richards||Senior Lawyer||02 6253 7544|
|Phil Sedgley-Perryman||Senior Lawyer||08 8205 4223|
|Mieke Dixon||Senior Lawyer||08 8943 1400|
|Robert Cole||Senior Lawyer||03 9242 1392|
- Commercial note 33 Securities: ensuring payment of debts to the Commonwealth (9 November 2009)
- Legal briefing 96 Personal Property Securities Act (9 August 2012)
- Legal briefing 93 Indemnities in Commonwealth contracting (19 August 2011)
- Commercial note 27 Termination for convenience (3 June 2008)
- Fact sheet 9 Probity and process issues for property and infrastructure projects (updated May 2012)
- Fact sheet 6 Managing GST in Commonwealth property transactions: be aware of the risks (updated July 2011)
- Fact sheet 5 Negotiating indemnities in leases (updated April 2012)
- Fact sheet 4 Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act issues in Commonwealth property transactions (updated September 2018)
- Fact sheet 3 Lands Acquisition Act 1989 (updated August 2011)
- Property practice