Commercial disputes, insurance law, debt litigation
AGS is highly experienced in commercial disputes, tax and debt litigation work, insolvency and bankruptcy litigation. Our commercial dispute practice includes key practitioners with more than 20 years’ experience in commercial litigation, advising on some of the Commonwealth's most significant commercial dispute and recovery matters.
AGS provides advice on insurance arrangements within government and the insurance responsibilities of non-Commonwealth organisations contracting with government. We conduct litigation on behalf of the Commonwealth’s insurer Comcover, an agency of the Department of Finance and Deregulation.
Examples of our work include:
- personal insolvency litigation, including applications to set aside bankruptcy notices and litigation involving insolvent arrangements other than bankruptcy
- corporations and corporate insolvency litigation
- recovery of taxes, including drafting and/or settling pleadings for all types of tax-related liabilities, securing assets
- disputes related to tenders, including probity and process issues and related complaints, termination entitlements and options, liability issues and compliance with Commonwealth Procurement Rules
- construction disputes, leasing and tenancy disputes
- IT contracts and litigation over intellectual property and trademarks
- disputes in regard to indemnities, corporations law and corporate governance
- commercial and liability claims
- discretionary compensation claims and related procedural advice.
We also have a large national debt litigation practice, managing claims and recoveries for clients from minor debts to multi-million dollar claims.
|Christopher Behrens||Senior Executive Lawyer||02 6253 7543|
|Marianne Peterswald||Senior Executive Lawyer||02 6253 7260|
|Zita Rowling||Special Counsel Dispute Resolution||02 6253 7426|
|Teresa Ling||Senior Executive Lawyer||08 9268 1157|
|Matthew Walsh||Senior Executive Lawyer||02 9581 7517|
- Commercial note 38 Proportionate liability (updated 16 November 2015)
- Commercial note 37 Termination of Commonwealth contracts (19 September 2013)
- Commercial note 35 Managing government contracts through financial distress (31 May 2012)
- Legal briefing 105 Indemnities in Commonwealth contracting (updated 12 May 2015)
- Legal briefing 99 Commonwealth grants: an overview of legal issues (14 May 2013)
- Legal briefing 96 Personal Property Securities Act (9 August 2012)
- Fact sheet 28 Security interests and corporate insolvencies (May 2013)
- Fact sheet 20 The Personal Property Securities Act (September 2012)
- Fact sheet 16 Managing problem contracts in government (October 2011)