Areas of law
AGS is one of Australia's largest national legal services providers, with offices in every capital city and approximately 320 lawyers who cover some 40 different areas of law related to government. We provide expert advice and representation through our national practice and you get an experienced team that provides comprehensive legal services across all the areas of law relevant for government.
AGS offers services in these areas of law:
- Government and administrative law
- Corporate and commercial
- Dispute resolution and litigation
- Other legal services.
If you would like advice on how AGS can work for you, we have Client Service Managers for each portfolio.
AGS remains the largest provider of legal services to Commonwealth agencies for several reasons:
- Like our client agencies, we are part of government and we serve the national interest.
- You get experts in all aspects of law including dispute resolution, commercial negotiations, advisings and the Australian Constitution.
- We rarely have conflicts of interest.
You can use AGS for all or most of your work, providing each decision is based on its value for money and the procurement rules are followed.