Senior Executive Lawyer
Jim is a highly experienced lawyer who has over 20 years’ experience advising clients on their major property transactions and on infrastructure projects.
His key areas of practice include advising clients on all Land Acquisition Act matters (acquisitions and divestments); negotiating and preparing major commercial leases and ancillary documents; negotiating and documenting tenant fit-outs; negotiating and documenting sale and disposal of properties.
Other areas of expertise includes advising clients on property and facilities management, and advising clients on Personal Property Securities Act matters. Jim also has experience advising on funding agreements, competitive tendering, PGPA Act compliance and corporate governance. He previously worked as Special Counsel in the private sector, specialising in property, planning, projects and infrastructure, including extensive experience negotiating the documentation for and establishing property investment vehicles.
Jim’s recent work includes:
- advising the Commonwealth on all property and infrastructure aspects of the Western Sydney Airport project from inception
- advising the Commonwealth on township leasing arrangements in the Northern Territory
- advising a Commonwealth agency on a new wharf development in Sydney.
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice, South Australian Institute of Technology, 1986
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Adelaide, 1985
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Adelaide, 1983
Australia Day Award 2017 for the Western Sydney Airport team.