Commercial Law Training Module
Who should attend
This course has been designed for Commonwealth employees responsible for contract management, including contract administration staff who report to contract managers.
Course outline and objectives
In this 2-hour course we will discuss:
- how to avoid unwittingly varying your contract
- getting to know your contract
- establishing an appropriate relationship with your contractor
- setting up systems to manage your contract effectively
- how to manage your communications and contract-related documents
- when to seek legal advice.
In addressing the contract management issues above, we will provide an outline of the legal policy and contracting framework within which Australian Government agencies must operate.
Participants will gain a better understanding of how to manage contracts effectively.
Our presenter is an experienced Senior Executive Lawyer from AGS Commercial who has a great depth of knowledge of the government environment and specialises in procurement, probity and contract management advice.
This is a 2-hour course, either starting at 9.30 am or 1.30 pm. The calendar indicates when sessions are being offered by either 'am' or 'pm'. Morning/afternoon tea will be provided.
Standard fee – $300 (inclusive of GST) per person.