Administrative law module
Statement of reasons
Who should attend
This talk has been designed for lawyers and officers who are familiar with the principles of administrative law.
Outline and objective
In this half-day course we will discuss:
- the significance and importance of reasons
- the technical requirements for a statement of reasons
- approaches to the drafting of reasons
- the relationship between decision-making and reasons
- scrutiny and review of reasons.
Our presenters are AGS lawyers who have a great depth of knowledge of the government environment, and who practise extensively in this area of law.
This is a half-day course, either 9 am to 12.30 pm or 1.30 pm to 5 pm. The calendar indicates when sessions are being offered by either 'am' or 'pm'.
Morning/afternoon tea will be provided.
Standard fee – $600 (inclusive of GST) per person.
No more than 20 people will be accepted on each course, and courses will only be conducted if we receive sufficient nominations.