This is a summary of the conditions of employment for AGS employees.
To be eligible to apply for a job with AGS you need to be an Australian citizen and be willing to obtain an Australian Government security clearance.
Terms and conditions of employment
AGS employees are employed under the Public Service Act 1999.
Our terms and conditions of employment are made through our enterprise agreement.
Conditions specific to individual employees are set-out in the offer of employment.
Employee entitlements and benefits
In addition to statutory entitlements, AGS provides a range of benefits to employees:
- superannuation – for CSS, PSS or PSSap members, employer superannuation is paid in accordance with relevant superannuation legislation. For employees who are not members of CSS, PSS or PSSap, superannuation arrangements are the same as for members of the PSSap. This includes an employer contribution rate of 15.4%.
- salary packaging for additional superannuation contributions, vehicle-purchase arrangements, car parking, donations to charities and personal mobile devices
- taxable allowance of $300 a year where approved to use personal smartphone or tablet for AGS purposes
- reimbursement of up to $295 for health and wellbeing-related equipment
- individual performance bonuses for specifically designated employees
- 20 days annual leave a year (with option to apply for additional, purchased leave)
- 20 days personal leave a year (covers sick and carers leave)
- long service leave of 3 months after 10 years
- 14 weeks maternity and adoption leave (after 12 months continuous service)
- 2 weeks supporting partner leave to support a partner who gives birth or adopts a child
- Lawyer Development Program for lawyers with up to 5 years post admission experience
- in-house Continuing Legal Education
- studies assistance
- Christmas closedown – salary paid while offices closed between Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
Natalie Lightfoot 02 6253 7529
Cath Maurer 02 6253 7523
Steven Minter 02 9581 7783
National – Graduate employment