Who should attend
This talk has been designed for lawyers and officers who are familiar with the principles of administrative law.
Outline and objective
In this half-day course we will discuss:
- the significance and importance of reasons
- the technical requirements for a statement of reasons
- approaches to the drafting of reasons
- the relationship between decision-making and reasons
- scrutiny and review of reasons.
Our presenters are AGS lawyers who have a great depth of knowledge of the government environment, and who practise extensively in this area of law.
This is a half-day course, either 9 am to 12.30 pm or 1.30 pm to 5 pm. Morning/afternoon tea will be provided.
Standard fee – $440 (inclusive of GST) per person. No more than 20 people will be accepted on each course, and courses will only be conducted if we receive sufficient nominations.