Senior Executive Lawyer
Helen has over 20 years’ experience in property-related transactions and providing advice on complex property law issues.
Helen has expertise in commercial and telecommunications leasing. She has been involved in a number of large-scale disposals and acquisitions of land in various jurisdictions for CSIRO and Defence. She has also assisted Finance with the preparation of the standard form national lease and heads of agreement for Ministerial and Parliamentary Services.
Helen has experience in property law transactions in all Australian states and territories, and has been involved in the development of lease, licence and easement template documentation for client use nationally.
Helen's relevant work includes:
- advising on, drafting and negotiating telecommunications leases, licences, easements and other land access arrangements and dealing with high volume acquisition and renewal leases
- developing precedent and template telecommunications documentation
- regularly advising on property management issues and providing strategic tenure-related advice
- drafting, negotiating and advising on office leasing for a wide range of public sector clients involving pre-commitment leases, incentive deeds, fit-out agreements and general advice on the Lands Acquisition Act 1989
- drafting, reviewing and advising on the terms of securities transactions, including mortgages, charges and guarantees.