AGS will be the Solicitors Assisting the Aged Care Royal Commission
AGS has been appointed as the Solicitors Assisting the Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality and Safety. The work of this Commission is an important part of contributing to social justice in Australia.
AGS is pleased to once again have been given the opportunity to support a Royal Commission, this time based in Adelaide.
We have unparalleled experience assisting in royal commissions and inquiries. AGS has been the Solicitors Assisting:
- the Royal Commission into Misconduct in the Banking, Superannuation and Financial Services Industry
- the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse
- the Equine Influenza Inquiry
- the Oil-for-Food Inquiry
- the Royal Commission into the Building and Construction Industry
- the HIH Royal Commission.
In addition, AGS represented the Commonwealth before the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse, the Royal Commission into the Home Insulation Program, the Victorian Bushfires Royal Commission, the Inquest into the deaths arising from the Lindt CafÃ© siege and the SIEV 221 Coronial Inquest. AGS also acted for the Commissioner of Inquiry in the Montara Inquiry and provided a team of lawyers to the Royal Commission into the Protection and Detention of Children in the Northern Territory.
Our joint leaders for the AGS team will be Senior Executive Lawyers Rodger Prince and Louise Amundsen.